Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Gulls Rule the Roofs

Being by the sea, Swansea naturally has a large seagull population. I thought I knew seagulls from Toronto, but man, these guys (or gulls!) are different. The sound they make is that really stereotypical by-the-sea noise, and it's really loud! I don't know what Toronto gulls lack, but they don't make those noises. Maybe it's just volume.


That's another point where these gulls surpass others. They are the biggest, fattest seagulls I've ever seen! I was sitting in my room and looked out my window and saw one sitting on the roof of the adjacent building. Take a look at that!

I do wish I had something to compare it to, for scale, but you're just going to have to believe me.


My view, aside from the occasional seagull, is pretty dull. They've filled up the courtyard with Portacabins (portables), which seem to house the temporary dentist's office. It seems like a really random place to have a dentist, but there it is! All the other buildings in this photo are residences. The low one is Rhossili, the yellowish one is Caswell, and the highrise is Preseli. Apparently in Preseli the upper floors have a view of the ocean.


At least I've got the gulls!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thats so lame, who would want to go to the dentist there, i mean with the gulls and everything it can't be that sanitary. Those don't look like portables either, they look like the freight car boxes.